Leading up to Hamburg 2010 and all through the championship, in order to facilitate your work, we will do our best to offer a comprehensive media service.
On this website you will find all of the necessary information about the media accreditation procedure for the 2010 FIBA U17 World Championship.
Below you will find the application form for accreditation which should be duly completed and sent to Elisabeth Kozlowski Press Officer of the Local Organising Committee.
The basic facts about the media accreditation are as follows:
- All application forms have to be completed and submitted either by e-mail or by post to the LOC at the below addresses.
- All accreditation applications will have to be approved by FIBA; on completing this form you are not automatically accredited.
- There is a media centre in the venue in Hamburg.
- Media representatives with an accreditation will have access to selected zones within the arena. The media accreditation card will specify the area in the venue which has been assigned to the specific media type. The media accreditation card will offer a variety of media services including the usage of designated media facilities. Please note that the seating priorities and reserved seats in the Media Tribune will be decided by FIBA and the LOC.
- Accredited media will receive a ratecard form to order individual supplementary facilities/services, mostly for a fee.
- Media representatives will have access to special hotel accommodation at preferred rates. For further information please go here.
- The LOC will provide information to all accredited media regarding transportation to and within Hamburg.
- The media accreditation deadline is June 15th, 2010
Please note that the deadline for rooms in the official media hotel is 6th May 2010! While the German LOC cannot assure you a room in the media hotel if your accreditation request is received after this deadline, every effort will be made to ensure media representatives are offered a room in the media hotel beyond the deadline. Please contact the LOC at the below address for further information.
Please help us to process your application by completing the application form in as much detail as possible.
We remind you that by completing and submitting the application forms you are not automatically accredited.
Your application will be processed after the deadline (June 15th, 2010 at 24:00 hours CET) and you will receive an approval or denial note no later than 21st June 2010. For additional facilities that you may require (such as individual telephone etc.) you will be provided with the respective ordering form once your accreditation has been approved.
Conditions of Accreditation:
Your application for a media accreditation for the 2010 FIBA U17 World Championship will only be processed upon confirmation of the following conditions:
- Accredited media representatives must wear their accreditation at all times.
- Accredited media representatives are only allowed in the designated zones as displayed on the accreditation badge.
- Accredited media representatives are only allowed to follow the defined routing system.
- Accredited media representatives must behave in an orderly manner - befitting of a media professional, throughout the Championship. Any abusive behavior or conduct unbecoming will result in expulsion from all venues.
- Media representatives must respect all instructions given by FIBA and the Organising Committee.
- Accredited TV non-rights holders will not be allowed to film any game, pre- or post game action. They will only be allowed to make interviews in the Mixed Zone and film the post-game press conference.
- Non-EBU Radio members should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to clear the radio rights for the broadcast of the games.
- Accredited Radio non-rights holders are not allowed to give live commentary. They will only be allowed to make interviews in the Mixed Zone and tape the post-game press conference.
- Accredited Websites will not be allowed to use video or audio content. They will also not be allowed to place live scoring or live still images. Please note that the video and audio broadcasting rights as well as the live scoring and statistics belong to FIBA. Any infringement will result in legal action being taken.
- Still photographers will have their assigned positions behind the baseline. FIBA/LOC may limit the number of photographers per media organization for these photo positions on a game by game basis. All photographers have to wear bibs to enter the photo positions in the venue.
- The accreditation of any person found to be accredited under false pretences will be invalidated immediately.
- All venues of the 2010 FIBA U17 World Championship will be smoke free areas. Smoking will be only be allowed in the specially designated areas.
- Your personal data is collected, processed and dealt with in a strictly confidential manner. Compliance with data protection shall thereby be guaranteed.
- An extract with data collected from the application form (surname, first name, date of birth, place of birth, sex, nationality as per identity card/passport, postcode, town, street, house number, country, type and number of passport/identification card) may be forwarded electronically to the Security Authorities for a security check.
Upon violation of the above conditions, FIBA and the Organiser reserve the right to give a verbal or written warning before declaring an accreditation invalid. At the same time the above named parties also have the right to invalidate an accreditation immediately.
The accreditation application form is available for download below and should be returned to Elisabeth Kozlowski Press Officer of the Local Organising Committee:
Media accreditation request
Press Office - German Basketball Federation
Schwanenstrasse 6-10, 58089 Hagen, Germany